- UI: Added cl_enableconsole console command. This disables/enables the tilde developer console. It’s accessible via the controls main menu option.
- Developer commentary: changed jump cut to read smash cut.
- Game: fixed bug where “bloody Winston” skin wasn’t showing up.
- Game: fixed bug where viewpoint locking wasn’t locking correctly.
Archive for category patch
Version 1.89 of Atom Zombie Smasher is now available!
A lot of people asked for the UI to accommodate any arbitrary amount of mercenaries. Previously, the merc buttons would just continue off the edge of the screen and be inaccessible. I updated the system to detect this overflow and make a new row of merc buttons. Here’s a shot of how it looks:
Here’s the full changelog:
– Gameplay: when no more zombie territories, humans win.
– UI: merc control bar now accommodates any arbitrary amount.
– UI: can press ESC to skip Territory Score screen.
– UI: can press ESC to skip New Outbreaks screen.
– UI: can press left/right to select upgradeable mercs.
– UI: can press Enter for Yes/No popups.
– UI: fixed Player 2 artillery cursor mixup.
– UI: added loading animation to File Share menu.
– UI: added URL tooltip in Behind the Scenes.
– UI: vid. resolution menu now shows current resolution.
– UI: helicopter name limited to 23 chars.
– UI: add help message for bad profiles.
– Mods: removed empty mods from database.
– Fix: custom resolutions are now saved.
– Fix: fix crash in Zed Bait.
– Fix: fix crash in Twitter feed.
– Debug: PAX Demo functionality.
The Steam version will auto-update. For non-Steam versions, grab the patch here:
Atom Zombie Smasher v1.84 is now live. As requested, lots of gameplay and UI tweaks, and several stability fixes as well.
– Gameplay: Chooser gamemode no longer scrambles merc lineup.
– Gameplay: landmines now respect user’s gamespeed.
– UI: middle mouse click now opens Merc Chooser window.
– UI: Alt+Enter now toggles fullscreen/windowed.
– UI: added option to quit without saving.
– UI: added social feed.
– UI: added More Games menu.
– UI: increased Report-a-Bug window size.
– UI: campaign log export now includes hours/minutes in filename.
– System: Disable joysticks with “-joystick 0” command line.
– System: Disable sound with “-sound 0” command line.
– System: Added telemetry system.
– Fix: crash in 3D renderer.
– Fix: crash in region generation.
– Fix: crash in newsletter page.
– Fix: crash with empty mod names.
– Fix: crash in music system.
– Fix: crash in pathfinder.
– Fix: crash in text renderer.
The Steam build will auto update. The non-Steam patch can be grabbed at: http://blendogames.com/atomzombiesmasher/help.htm#versions
Atom Zombie Smasher v1.82 update is now available! The new goodie in this update is the hotkey UI. A number hovers above each mercenary, buy displaying their respective hotkey.
The Steam patch is now live. The non-Steam patch is available: here
The Atom Zombie Smasher v1.81 patch is now available! Check out the Behind the Scenes feature in the Extras page.
- Mods: parameter for controlling how often zombies chase humans (ZOMBIE_CHASECHANCE)
- Extras: added Behind the Scenes page.
- Extras: added Version History page.
- Extras: added Newsletter page.
- Fix: fixed mystery dynamite appearing at 0, check 0 position.
- Fix: crash in dynamite detonation.
- Fix: crash in texture renderer.
The Steam patch is live! Get the non-Steam patch here.
Atom Zombie Smasher v1.79 is now available! Lots of miscellaneous tweaks requested by various folks.
– Gameplay: fixed conflict between Elephantbird and Chooser gamemode.
– Mods: Reload mod data button is now backslash (Steam version)
– UI: added option to turn off tutorial tips.
– UI: Improved the Fileshare’s scrollbar.
– UI: Catbird was mistakenly labeled Elephantbird.
– Fix: joystick now only updates if more than one player is enabled.
The Steam version is now live. The non-Steam patch can be grabbed here.
Atom Zombie Smasher version 1.77 patch is now available. This patch includes a new gamemode, “Chooser”, where you choose which mercs to bring along. Here’s a screenshot of how the Chooser interface looks like:
Full v1.77 changelog:
- Gameplay: added “Chooser” gamemode. Select mercenary lineup every month.
- Gameplay: dynamite no longer required for mission start.
- Mods: added FORCE_CHOOSER parameter to force the Chooser gamemode.
- UI: press Enter to end planning phase.
- Fix: fixed Combatant gamemode (was always on).
- Fix: fixed typo in mine_triggertime parameter.
- Fix: fixed “Bookworm” achievement.
- Fix: crash when time values are too large.
- Fix: crash in File Manager.
The Steam patch is now live! Grab the non-Steam patch here.
More patchy goodness:
- UI: added music links to main menu.
- UI: added file count to File Share.
- UI: fixed File Share scrollbar.
- Mods: new nighttime length parameter (NIGHTTIME_SECONDS).
- Fix: added error popup for audio crash.
- Fix: ensure outbreak cities always have correct population.
- Fix: fixed crash when BARRICADE_LIFETIME is too high.
- Fix: fixed various city size-mod crashes.
- Fix: fixed crash in when retrieving vignette data from profile.
For those getting an audio crash upon startup: the problem seems to be related to the OpenAL audio library I’m using.
Apply the 1.73 AZS patch and run the game normally. If the audio crash persists, a popup window will now appear, asking you to download the latest OpenAL audio library from the official OpenAL site.
Direct link to the latest OpenAL library: click here
I’ve been puzzled by why AZS works on some Macs and not on others. After talking with some Mac users, I believe the problem is related to the operating system being used. In short, Mac OSX 10.6 and above works fine, whereas anything below 10.6 may not work.
Mac OSX 10.6 has an updated OpenGL implementation, whereas OSX 10.5.8 does not. Apparently, upgrading to a newer operating system is the only way to acquire this newer OpenGL implementation.
If anyone has any further insight (or corrections) about this, I’d love to hear it.
The Steam patch is now live. The non-Steam patch can be grabbed at this page.
Edit: non-Steam patch had the wrong version number and is now fixed.
Version 1.72 is out! Full changelog:
- Gameplay: fixed Zed Bait last-saved positions.
- Gameplay: zombies & humans can no longer both get points from same territory.
- Gameplay: ensure populations are always set during No Quarter games.
- UI: add UI that highlights dynamite.
- UI: added scrollbar to File Share
- Mods: fixed mod loading when continuing a savegame.
- Mods: Zed Bait parameters now accept decimal values.
- Mods: Mine damage parameters (MINE_MAXDAMAGE, stuff MINE_MINDAMAGE)
- Mods: Mine trigger delay (MINE_TRIGGERTIME)
- Mods: allow milestones to be triggered on both zombie and human track.
- Fix: fixed crash in File Share.
- Fix: fixed crash in mod diff viewer.
- Fix: fixed crash in finale audio.
- Fix: added error-checking for some ATI video cards.
The Steam update is now live. Get the non-Steam patch by clicking here.
The v1.71 patch is out! Full changelog:
– Gameplay: level-4 outbreaks now constantly spread to neighbors.
– Mods: added parameter to control level-4 spreading (GAME_ASSAULTSPREAD 1)
– Mods: added parameter for merc button UI. (UI_CONTROLBOX_BUTTONS 8 )
– Mods: added parameter for determining assault levels. (GAME_ASSAULTTHRESHOLD 1)
– Mods: added parameters for more scientist levels. (SCIPOP_LVL4 – SCIPOP_LVL10)
– Mods: added parameter for minimum park size. (PARK_MINSIZE 2)
– Mods: infantry color now affects selector UI.
– Mods: periods now allowed in mod names.
– Debug: ctrl+shift+z to depopulate a territory.
– Performance: faster sniper overlay rendering.
– Fix: fixed force_noquarter parameter.
– Fix: fixed bug where Continue button overlapped Merc button.
– Fix: crash when no profiles are available.
Steam version is now live.
Non-steam version: http://blendogames.com/atomzombiesmasher/help.htm#versions