I was having some fairly consistent problems with my blendogames.com blog/news page getting hacked and infected. It became very annoying! All the security and safety measures I attempted just weren’t working.
So! After a particularly nasty database problem I decided to just nix the page and convert it into a static site. It’s now more secure, simpler, and I have more control over it now.
It’s great. If you’re reading this now, well, you’re looking at the new site.
I used the Hugo framework because I like its simplicity, but there are plenty of options available if you’re looking to make a static blog. All of the old posts are still here, they’re just a little bit faster-loading and cleaner-looking now.